w w w . i w r i t e r o m a n c e . c o m

Thursday, June 16, 2022

Dictation works.

I am definitely back in the saddle for writing. I have written more this week than I had in quite some time. It is a nice feeling. I hope I am out of the funk that had me down for a few months. With pain, surgery and recovery, it did hamper my creativity. I am hitting it off with dictating my book. It is helping me get down that draft so I can move on into revisions, which is the fun part. I hate the first draft stage. Revisions seem easier to me.

I am getting a jump on some revisions now. I had my manuscript (so far) printed up for me to start going over when I am not dictating the draft. I have to go get it at Staples (cheaper than printing myself and wasting an ink cartridge.) I have to get a few other supplies too like a binder, red pen, clear sheet protectors, etc. Ahhh I do like shopping office supplies. It's fun. 

So, yes, I am going to get this damn book done. I had to move my first draft deadline to July though. But, I am determined to finish this book. Once done I am going to submit to Harlequin Historical in addition to querying a few agents. 

I have toyed with writing a contemporary women's fiction based on my own life (loosely). At least the main character will go through similar trials as I had over the last ten years. Trouble is I am still waiting on one final portion to be settled. I've waited 2 years to see the abuser pay for his crimes. I hope it was worth my wait. 

No comments:

Post a Comment